Friday 30 December 2016

My Gaming Affair - Part 2 - How Gaming Changed My Personality, Social and Real Life!

My dear friends. Thank you for reading and loving my last post about gaming. Today I am writing again about my gaming experience. Last time I wrote about how me and gaming’s love story started. When I look back I see that as a romantic love story from 1950s where guy and girl take a lot of time to make love with each other. I was like Natalie Wood from Splendour in The Grass. After getting into gaming the story was like 50 Shades Of Grey. Every day was a new experience for my virgin mind and XBOX was playing like experienced Mr Grey. There is a famous line in Fifty Shades Of Grey, “I never knew what I wanted until I look into your eyes”. I was just like that with little alterations. I was saying to XBOX One that, I never knew what I liked until I played Call Of Duty!

   Gaming came into my lonely boring single gay life late, but better late than never. The first game I played on my console was Forza 5. I didn’t knew it was so hard to play, I was hitting Chrysler at so many places. I though I won’t be able to make it. Then I played Assassins Creed 4. it was really nice experience for me. Watching that beautiful Caribbean green scenary on high definition 40’ screen was a treat for eyes. Also, game was easy to control I liked it. And then after 1 week I brought Ori and The Blind Forest. And here a child in me came out. My all time favourite game till that day was Mario  Bros. It was a fun game, playing an arcade game, making Mario walk on wall, it would move mostly in 2 directions. Or was also like that but with modern edge graphics and beautiful music. I loved playing it. I felt like child again. And then came COD.


  Unti now I was looking at COD like a rich, handsome, playboy, hunk like high school’s senior. Who is best in everything he does, who has many girlfriends, who date only hottest girls. Who is straight and you know he is not even going to reply your ‘hello’ but you so wanna be with him.  But by now I had done some progress in Forza 5, in Assassins Creed I was doing good and Ori was going excellent. With these three friends I had gained little confidence and brought Call of Duty GHOSTS. I had never played such high quality shoot out game before. What if I couldn’t play this game? By huge nervousness I started the first episode of this game. And from then my real gaming life started.


  By this point it is not a hidden thing that I finished that 1st level successfully. But the main scoop is how I felt about it. Imagine if you are a gay guy, you have this huge crush on high school’s football captain who looks like Chris Hemsworth, he who dates girls that look like Taylor Swift, who looks so straight that you know you are never gonna have any chance with him. But one day in locker room you and he is alone, you both share cold passing eye contact from distance, next time when your turn around you find him right behind you, so close, he is staring at you, he is shirtless, and he suddenly hugs you and kiss you passionately. He look into your eyes and say, ‘dude I love you so much’ and both you start making love.
How you will feel if this happen to you? I felt that when I successfully finished COD’s first game episode. All these times I have been seeing COD handled and celebrated by aggressive guys, I had never thought that I can ever play that game and most importantly, enjoy that game. I did it. I loved it. I had risen to a new level. Something impossible to me I had done and I was moved out of my comfy zone! Yes I was feeling victorious. 

 My serious romance with gaming had started. Every day after work I would come home quick and play the video game. Every time I would face difficult level, I would come over it and it would increase my determination, joy and self-confidence! I would shout "Yes I can do it” after every gaming session. It improved my confidence, multi tasking and time management. Not only in games but out of games too. Earlier it would take a 15 mins for me to do a certain job now I would finish it in 5 mins. I was more alert, more detail oriented and had developed keen eye for minor details.  Getting into gaming slowly turned me into a confident person. Talking about alertness in real life, one day in public transit bus one old lady slipped her foot and fell backwards but I swiftly turned and catched her before she fell down on floor. She said me thank you. Every body in bus gave me applauding gaze. I saved a life may be? Thanks to gaming. Now I have more friends, I am dating men with richer qualities, men who are more mature by mind, kinda thorough gentlemen. I often go out more with friends. It is much better than before.


 Gaming has brought many positive changes in my life. I feel like a new person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment